Friday, December 19, 2014

Pinterest Pick Thursday (erm...Friday)

I'm a day late and a buck short it seems.  I am sorry.  I spent all of yesterday cleaning my office.  It has become a tradition of sorts, cleaning my office in December.  I've read that people with messy work spaces are usually very creative.  I hope that is true, or else I really have no excuse for how bad I let my office get over the past year.

Hey, did you know that cleaning is actually a spiritual practice?

Pinterest Pick of the Week
Holiday Cleaning

Faith Formation Component
Content

Time for Activity
A Day

Recommended Age
2 and up

Materials
Cleaning Supplies, Organizational Instruments, A Computer with Internet Access

Activity
There are many holidays that call for cleaning - Yule, Chinese New Year, Clean Monday, and Monday, just to name a few.  Learn about these holidays with your family by viewing the playlist below...



Now, prepare your house for whatever holiday you are celebrating next (Chalica, Hanukkah, Winter Solstice, Christmas, Kwanzaa, New Years) by cleaning.  Even children as young as 2 can contribute.  Heck, my daughter (3 yr old with Cerebral Palsy) can even help me with the dishes, and often does (she loves to help).  A Mom's Take provides this free printable of age appropriate chores.

Age-Appropriate Chores for Kids.  Can be
downloaded by following the link above.

Original Sources
YouTube playlist features clips from ajambor99, WatchMojo.com, Athens Living and CNN.  You can learn more about the holidays featured in these films, and what cleaning has to do with each holiday,  by visiting the websites below.  All other sources cited above.


Happy Holidays!

- Ms. Meredith

P.S. There will be no Pinterest Pick Thursday on Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment