Monday, December 1, 2014

Chalica: Day 1

Happy first day of Chalica!

Lily and I put together the beginnings of our Chalica Altar last night.

Chalica Altar
You can see from the picture above that there isn't much to it.  A simple candle for our chalice, a copy of 'My Chalica Book: A Beginner's Guide (Third Edition)' and the 'Happy Chalica' poster hanging above.

I am particularly proud of the Chalica poster because it was something Lily and I created together.  She cut out and glued the construction paper pieces to the larger paper.  Then, I wrote a principle on each piece of construction paper.  And, as we created this poster together, I talked about the principles, what each of them meant, and explained Chalica to her (well, as much as you can explain anything to a 3 year old).

I'll admit the altar looked a little bare, but as I said earlier, this was just the beginning.  As part of my celebration of Chalica this year, I plan to add something to the altar each day - something that represents the principle of the day.  Today, as you can see, I added old pictures of my family (Mom, Dad, brother, and my self).  Family is the most important thing to me.  And, on a day when we are to celebrate that 'all people are important,' these pictures provide a good reminder that I should treat everyone I encounter like family.

Chalica Altar, Day 1
Now, I am happy to introduce 'Chalica Shorts!'  Every day this week you can visit here or YouTube, and be treated with a 'principle of the day' playlist.  Each playlist will run between 10 and 15 minutes, and will include a special message from our minister, as well various YouTube videos.  Think of it like a mix-tape, but for each day of Chalica!

So, here it is, 'Chalica Shorts: Day 1.'




Hoping you know just how important YOU are...

- Ms. Meredith

No comments:

Post a Comment