Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Chalica: Day 2

Happy Second Day of Chalica!

Last night,  in honor of our first principle,  I picked out small gifts for each member of my family from the dollar bin - small trinkets I thought they would find amusing or useful.  You can see my daughter's toy bus on the corner of the altar, below.  You can also see the pictures from yesterday on the opposite corner.  I compiled the pictures and placed them in a small, red, paper basket to make room for other items, like the cards you see below.

Chalica Altar: Day 2

Now, you may be wondering about those cards.  Well, those are today's gifts of course!  You see, on this second day of Chalica we honor our second principle, "justice,  equity and compassion in human relations."  Or, as we tell our children "be kind in all you do."  And so, I have written a few cards - one for each member of my immediate family.  Each card contains a special message, geared toward the recipient, letting them know just how much they are loved and valued.  I know from experience what a kindness cards can be.  So, I hope these cards will bring at least a little sunshine into the lives of my family members.

Now, what about you?  What are you doing for this second day of Chalica?

You can view today's 'Chalica Shorts' below.


Happy Chalica!

- Ms. Meredith

No comments:

Post a Comment