Sunday, November 30, 2014

30 Days of Gratefulness, Week 4 Follow Up

And, here it is, the final week.  If you follow me on Facebook, then you know that I was often 'catching up' with posts (posting several thankfulness posts in one day), but I did get through an entire month.  And, as silly as it may sound, I am proud of myself for that.

Anyway, without further adieu, here are my posts...

Day 24: An Act of Kindness
Over the past year, we have given away a few of Lily's old trach supplies to friends. But, we were never able to find enough people who needed just what we had. So, today, Doug and I donated the last of Lily's trach supplies to Matthew 25 Ministries. From there, they will go to trach patients all over the world. I don't know why we waited so long to do this. It makes me happy, knowing that these supplies will finally be put to good use. And, I'm thankful for the reminder of just how blessed we are.

The sign for Matthew 25 Ministries.  It states 'Life isn't about
getting and having.  It's about giving and being.'

Day 25: Inspiration
At the beginning of the week, Reverend Sharon Dittmar and I shot a few short videos for the upcoming UU holiday of Chalica. By the end of the night, we had amassed quite a few outtakes. And, so, I compiled those outtakes into a blooper reel (see below). I love doing things such as this. When I compile a video, create a lesson or write anything, it is like I am a seamstress - cutting and sewing, turning an old frock into a new, beautiful dress. And, if I have done my job correctly, then when you engage with the final product, I instantly transform into Mickey Mouse from Fantasia, commanding your thoughts and emotions like Mickey commands the dishes. I can't say, exactly, where my inspiration comes from (since inspiration is one part idea, one part creativity and one part passion), but I am thankful for the role it plays in my life, allowing me to be creative and giving me a voice.



Day 26: A Sound
I choose silence, which gives me the opportunity to be alone with my thoughts. As an introvert, I find this time invaluable. Interesting note, listening to NPR gives me the same opportunity for introspection.
My T.V., turned off.

Day 27: Food
You don't realize what a gift it is to eat until you see how others struggle (or until you struggle yourself). Lily's eating ability is improving every day and I am very grateful for that.

My daughter, Lily, eating cereal.

Day 28: Comfort
Music has a way of bandaging our wounds and amplifying our joys. Lately, I've been listening to the wonderful music of Peter Mayer (the closest thing UU's get to praise music). It just seems to speak to me, and I am grateful for the comfort it supplies.



Day 29: Love
Letting your husband nap while you take care of business, knowing that the action will be reciprocated because your husband loves you too, but not keeping track. Love is taking care of each other even when it is hard to do so.

My husband, Doug, napping on Thanksgiving.

Day 30: Something Seasonal 
Have I ever mentioned how much I love the holidays? A season of love, hope, thankfulness and giving. I am so thankful for this cold time of year that brings such warmth to my heart.

Christmas lights on a neighbors house.

Thank you for sticking with me during this endeavor.  I truly believe, even in the worse of times, there is always something to be thankful for.  You just have to look for it.

Be sure to check back here tomorrow for the first day of Chalica!

- Ms. Meredith

No comments:

Post a Comment