Monday, November 24, 2014

30 Days of Gratefulness, Week 3 Follow Up

It's week 3 of my 30 Days of Gratefulness Photo Challenge, and here we go...

Day 16: Something New
We've had Lily's chair for just over a year now, so it's not brand new. But, it has given Lily the gift of independent mobility. She now has the ability to explore her world, to play independently, to make mischief. For that, I am grateful.

Lily, in her wheelchair, playing at an accessible park.

Day 17: A Time of Day
Any time I am with Doug, it is a good time of day. I am thankful for our time together, even if we don't get much of it these days.

Selfies with my husband.

Day 18: A Physical Trait
Day 18: A physical trait. My face. It is constantly betraying my emotions. And, I'm thankful that it keeps me honest. I say, "I'm fine. " My face says, "No you're not."

Professional Selfie

Day 19: A Daily Activity
Showering. I love to take showers. The feel of the water washing over me is both rejuvenating and restorative. It's as if I am able to wash all the worries in the world away whenever I am in the shower. I also seem to get the best ideas while I am in the shower! On a more solemn note, not all people in this world have access to clean water. I am thankful for this privileged.

Our Shower

Day 20: A Distraction
This is my niece, Savannah. Savannah's a wonderful distraction in my life and I am so thankful to have her as my niece. She has a very big heart, is a wonderful cousin to Lily, and is extremely fun to hang out with.

My Niece, Savannah...making a duck-face.

Day 21: Shelter
Here it is, my office, my sanctuary, my fortress of solitude, my messy bedroom. It provides me shelter both physically and psychologically. I am very thankful for it.

My messy bedroom.

Day 22: A Piece of Technology
Of course, I choose my phone and its many applications. It's my personal assistant, my game board, my text book, my atlas, and my meeting house. To be honest, I'm probably too attached to it. But, I am thankful for it nonetheless.

Homepage Screenshot

Day 23: Memories
The peculiar thing about memories is that they can be triggered by just about anything. I walk into Cincinnati Children's, smell the air, eat from their salad bar, and I am instantly transported back in time. Cincinnati Children's is a safe place for me. If ever I am having a rough day, the smell of Cincinnati children's can instantly calm me. But not all my memories are good. The most painful, being the ones where, intentionally or unintentional, I have hurt someone, or let them down. However, for worse or for better, memories make us who we are. And, for that I am grateful.

A salad from Cincinnati Children's Hospital and Medical Center.

FYI, my last 30 Days of Gratefulness post will be posted Sunday, November 30.  This is because Monday, December 1, is the first day of Chalica.  Be sure to check back throughout Chalica (December 1 - 7), as I will be posting special Chalica messages on this blog every day of the week.

Happy Thanksgiving!

- Ms. Meredith

No comments:

Post a Comment