Tuesday, June 24, 2014

I'm Here!

Well, after a delayed flight, a mad dash to catch a connecting flight a la "Home Alone," and ripped baggage - I'm finally in Providence!

I'm staying with my parents (give it up for multigenerational UU families!) and we've been pleasantly surprised at the hospitality we've been shown so far.  Almost everywhere we've gone, there have been signs - "Welcome, UUA General Assembly" they shout.  And, at the airport, the First Unitarian Church of Providence had set up a welcome booth with loads of information - tourist attractions, a specialized map of GA's meeting spaces, and even a bus schedule!

The First Unitarian Church of Providence handed out information at a welcome
booth at the airport.  Among their fliers and brochures were several catalogs
full of tourist attractions, a map of GA, and schedules for both the bus and tram.

All of this 'welcoming' is a good reminder of what it is all about: people and relationships.  I certainly hope to build some new relationships while I am here.  I'll start by attending the Liberal Religious Education Association (LREDA) professional day tomorrow.

Until then,
- Ms. Meredith

No comments:

Post a Comment