Sunday, June 29, 2014

It's Over

GA is over.  Tomorrow we will pack our bags and leave.  I will not be attending GA next year, and I am saddened.  I strongly believe everyone should attend GA at least once in their life.  Even better if you can do it on the regular.

The GA choir looked and sang beautifully.  Thousands
of UU's gathered for this morning's worship.



GA has this awe inspiring power to simultaneously ground you in your faith and lift your spirituality to new heights.  As the Hymn goes, "Roots hold me close, Wings set me free."  I was reminded of this during this morning's final worship, as the speakers talked about connecting to something bigger than ourselves.  It was a call to action to do good by this world.  But, it was also a call to community.  A call to put our differences and petty arguments aside, so that we may finally reach out in love together.

I will leave you now with these two quotes from this morning's worship.  May they rest in your heart and take root in your thoughts...
The mission of our church is not to meet our needs.  The mission of our church is to heal our world.
Our different views of the holy matter less than what those views call us to do. 
Amen, Blessed Be, Namaste,

- Ms. Meredith

No comments:

Post a Comment